Sunday, January 14, 2007

Harmony, Neighbors, and Football

Harmony Bar

We're going to the Harmony Bar tonight to see Spin Cycle , an improv comedy troupe that an acquaintance of ours is in. We love the Harmony... fantastic food (four cheese pizza featuring bleu cheese is phenomenal, as are the walnut burgers), and a really friendly diverse group of people on both sides of the bar. Here's a good recent review with more detail, and some pictures of one of the most interesting, comfortable, friendly places in our neighborhood.

Neighbors

Speaking of the neighborhood... our next-door neighbors, who have lived in their home for longer than I have lived, are putting their house on the market. I keep telling myself what a good thing it is that this is such a big deal to me... after all, neighbors came and went in the DC area and it never really mattered much, because they didn't generally interact anyway...

Favre update

Surely you've heard the latest... the local news reported that Brett Favre has allowed his golf club membership to lapse, prompting speculation that he is planning to retire and leave the area. No, seriously, that was reported on the news.

NFL Playoffs

Very awesome that New Orleans won yesterday's playoff game, although I was kind of rooting for the Eagles because I'd love for Jeff Garcia to be "Super-Bowl-winning QB Jeff Garcia" if he ever comes out. Still, a Redskins fan will never complain about an Eagles loss... and the Cowboys went out so fabulously painfully last week that it makes the Redskins' futility a bit more bearable.

I was also glad to see the Colts beat the Ravens - any opportunity to force humility on Brian Billick is welcome.

Who do you want to see at the SuperBowl (Susan's answer here)?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

GO SAINTS!!! Aside from the undeniably awesome game that was played between the Saints and the Eagles, I want to see them not only go to the superbowl, but win it. They deserve it. I focus on what drives my heart....the emotions of the people of New Orleans. The city of New Orleans need a big win now. They need something, even if a season of a winning football team, to help raise their spirits. I digress. From now until the end of superbowl 2007, I see a pheonix rising from the earth in glorious flight. Its beauty is black and gold. Its origin is New Orleans. Its destiny? TBD