Thursday, January 11, 2007

Christmas, extended


Susan and I both received Amazon.com gift certificates from the family for Christmas, so we decided it would be fun to exchange them and buy each other gifts so we could still have surprises! I got my package yesterday, full of neat stuff.

I am thrilled to finally have the book Inspirability: 40 Top Designers Speak Out About What Inspires, which I believe I first drooled over at the Nat'l Building Museum. I admit, I was drawn in by the furry green hardcover, but the glossy, graphically fascinating interior pages also serve their subject well.

I also got Design Like You Give a Damn: Architectural Responses to Humanitarian Crises; Pieta Brown's latest CD, "In the Cool"; David Bowie's "Best of Bowie" DVD (can't wait to see the old videos again -- what is it about that guy?!); Stephen King's "Insomnia" (I was never able to keep up with SK, so Susan is helping me negotiate the better releases); and, most altruistically of all, "Blue Velvet" on DVD (I only had it on Laserdisc before... are you old enough to remember those?).

No comments: